Thais Write
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

2 posters

Go down

แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense. Empty แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

Post by Chav Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:11 pm

แบบฝึกหัดแรกเป็น essay ให้เขียนว่าเห็นด้วยไม่ด้วยยังไง กับที่ว่า Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

เขียนๆมานะครับ

*แนะนำให้เขียนเองแล้วส่งมาก่อน แล้วค่อยดูของที่คนอื่นเขียน จะได้ไม่ถูก influenced โดยวิธีการเขียน + ศัพท์สำนวนของคนอื่น*

Last edited by Chav on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chav
Admin

https://thais-write.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense. Empty Re: แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

Post by CompoundInterest Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:18 pm

I disagree with this sentiment as I believe everybody deserves at least one chance. We've all been young and stupid. Everybody makes mistakes. I don't think one bad call should haunt you for life. A hundred hours of community service? Sure. Steep fines? Be my guest! Suspend the driver's license? Go ahead. Make it 3 months for all I care. But to throw somebody in jail for a first offense? It seems a bit too draconian to me. Just my 2 cents.
CompoundInterest
CompoundInterest

Back to top Go down

แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense. Empty Re: แบบฝึกหัด 1: Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

Post by Chav Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:42 pm

คุณ CompoundInterest ภาษาอังกฤษดีเยี่ยมผมไม่มีอะไรจะแนะนำ grammar ก็ถูกต้องเป๊ะ แต่ออกจะเป็นแนว informal speaking นิดนึง ไม่ได้เป็นแบบ essay ที่ผมคาดไว้

Chav
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CompoundInterest Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Chav wrote:คุณ CompoundInterest ภาษาอังกฤษดีเยี่ยมผมไม่มีอะไรจะแนะนำ grammar ก็ถูกต้องเป๊ะ แต่ออกจะเป็นแนว informal speaking นิดนึง ไม่ได้เป็นแบบ essay ที่ผมคาดไว้

อ้อใช่ครับ งวดนี้มาแนว casual. ถ้าเขียนตอบ TOEFL/IELTS ต้อง formal กว่านี้
CompoundInterest
CompoundInterest

Back to top Go down

Post by Chav Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.

Statistic tells us drunk driving is one of the leading causes of death in traffic accidents. In many countries, driving under the influence is already punishable by fines or prison sentences. The prison terms, however, are laid out more as upper limits rather than mandatory sentencing. If imprisonment is meted out at all, it seems to occur only in egregious cases involving lost of lives. Punishing first-time offenders by imprisonment even when no accident happens may sound harsh, but given its sheer deterrence value I would err on the side of public safety: If putting them behind bar for a year or two can potentially save just one live, I would say it's worth considering.

Oftentimes people don't take seriously the peril of mixing drinking and driving together. A prison sentence for the first offense would send a strong message that the society would not tolerate behaviors that can kill. It would also be a service to those who lost their loved ones to drunk driving. I would not object to someone doing some mundane activities while intoxicated --- playing cards, watching TVs, whatever --- but to allow him or her to propel a chunk of metal weighing a ton or more at high speed would be inviting something tragic to happen. After all, drunk driving is easily preventable: do not drink when you are about to drive. Nothing more than a bit of self-control is required here. If you can't even do that and manage to get drunk while driving, you are a danger to yourself and others and you probably deserve to be in jail.

In 2015, the World Health Organization reported that drunk driving was to blame for 26 percent of traffic death in Thailand even though the law stipulates a 60,000 Baht fine or a 6-month prison sentence or both for drunk drivers. I don't know how often the jail time is handed out, but the 26 per cent rate suggests that the fine didn't work and the prison sentence was merely an empty threat. Unless imprisonment is given heft, drunk driving will continue to be a main factor in road deaths.

Chav
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum